Friday, September 2, 2011

I NEED A V A C A T I O N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read a blog entry by Mary DeMuth, that mentioned a writer's retreat at Laity Lodge.  The best part about this particular post is that she mentioned a website I could visit, to try to win a trip there myself!  SWEET!  The link is http://www.laitylodge.org/writers-retreat-ii/ .


The contest involves writing an essay, explaining why I "Need to be there."  I can do this, I thought. My year has been one that BEGS for a vacation getaway!


Right now, my stress ceiling is fast-approaching.  My husband has been off work this week (involuntary vacation-plant shut down).  There have been a few too many of those this year.  He told me that he lost the equivalent of a full paycheck in August...Ugghhhhh!


This mandatory vacation time has left him too much time to think about his impending layoff.  The place he works at is closing down most of its Oregon plant, and relocating it to Indiana.  Moving to Indiana is out of the question, because the industry my husband works in is not stable enough to risk moving halfway across the country for.  He could be out of a job any day now, but I'm hoping for the longest end stretch possible. The Holidays are coming up, you know.


I know how devastating layoffs are to my husband. We have weathered a few over the years.  The last one lasted six months, and it wasn't pretty!


Add to my husband's stress a bit of my own stress at work.  I work in a busy Doctor's office, that employs about nine Providers (Doctors, Physician's Assistant, and a Nurse Practitioner).  Today, our office found out that the Nurse Practitioner was leaving the practice, effective immediately.  This has left the front office (me included), with the daunting task of calling all the patients who have appointments with said Nurse Practitioner, and explaining to them that not only is their appointment cancelled, but that they also have to find a new Healthcare Provider.  Knowing how much I trust my Doctor, I would be devastated if he left his practice all of a sudden, so I can imagine what these patients are going through.  Today was spent playing the part of listener and diplomat--(EXHAUSTING, to say the least!!!!)


Combine my worries about my husband's situation with my work situation, my looming anxiety disorder and an ongoing battle with depression, and you have the perfect recipe for something very scary!  I feel my walls crumbling, (and I don't just mean the dry-rotted wall in the bathroom-LOL)!


It would be wonderful to get away somewhere, especially a writer's retreat!  It sounds like pure bliss...(I hope I win... ;D


Rhea

No comments:

Post a Comment